Playwriting, grades 6-12 - Virtual
Middle & High School
- Have you ever wanted to write but didn't know where to start? In this class you will learn different ways to find ideas to put on the page.
- Do you already have an idea, but need help thinking it through? We will go step by step coming up with characters, the setting, and making the story have a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- By the final class you will have written FIVE completely different ten minute plays. We want to give you the confidence to keep writing after the class is over!
- You will share your work with other writers in the group and give each other positive feedback on your work.
- In the final class we will do a showcase of your favorite play you've written so far read by real professional actors!
Duration: 2 hours, 6 sessions
Maximum of 10 students
1 Sessions Available
Meet the Teacher
Hannah Church has been a Teaching Artist with the Alliance Theatre since 2016! You may have seen her acting on the Alliance stage, as well as many other professional theatres in Atlanta and beyond. From World Tours in ten different countries to being directed by Tyler Perry himself, Hannah loves to take all of her experiences and break them down into her Teaching Artist work. Whether it's playwriting, singing musical theatre, or working on your favorite monologue-expect to giggle a lot and play a bunch of focus driven games in your lessons! Have fun and be yourself!