The Kathy & Ken Bernhardt Theatre for the Very Young
What is Theatre for the Very Young?
- A professional performance for children ages 0–5 years old and their grown-ups
- An artistic experience that overcomes age, developmental barriers, and language, while expanding the consciousness of very young audience members and integrating bi-lingual elements into each show.
- A way for focus and creative thinking to be nurtured, or even discovered for the first time!
- A cultural experience for the very young on their own terms
- An inventive approach to making quality art experiences
- A fun and inspiring experience for both children and their parents
Support for this program is provided by the Lettie Pate Evans Foundation.
"Theatre for the Very Young engages both parents and their pre-school children in creative experiences. The fourth wall is dissolved as young ones willingly become a part of the experience."
—Rosemary Newcott, Director