During our 2017/18 On the Road season, we will still make every effort to provide the accessibility features that you expect from the Alliance Theatre. Details about what will be available at each venue and for each production can be found below.
All perfomances at select venues
Assisted Listening Devices
Assistive listening devices (ALDs) can help to isolate and amplify onstage dialogue and sound effects while reducing ambient noise to assist patrons with hearing loss. ALDs are available free of charge and work in any seat. Please see the House Manager at your performance for details.
ALDs will be offered at the following venues for all performances:
- Atlanta Symphony Hall (Candide)
- Atlanta History Center (Native Guard)
- Actor's Express (Sheltered)
- Conant Center for Performing Arts at Oglethorpe University (Shakespeare in Love, but not The Dancing Granny)
- Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre (A Christmas Carol)
- Dad's Garage (Hand to God)
- Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta (Crossing Delancey)
- Porter Sanford III Arts Center (The Jungle Book)
- Southwest Arts Center (Hospice + Pointing at the Moon)
All venues in our 2017/18 season are equipped with wheelchair-accessible seating and parking. For more information about wheelchair acess and other services, please contact the box office at 404.733.5000.
Sign Language & Shadow Interpretation
We provide two types of Sign Language Interpretation services for select performances. We offer standard Side Interpretation, where an interpreter signs along to the performance from a designated spot on the side of the stage. And for a more immersive experience for our younger audiences, we also offer Shadow Interpretation for our Family Series shows, where a full cast of interpreters shares the stage and signs, acts, and dances along with the actors. For interpreted shows, we offer a designated seating area with a clear view of the interpreters. For more information on Sign Interpreted performances, please contact the box office at 404.733.5000.
- The Dancing Granny: Saturday, June 24 at 1:00 p.m. (side interpreted)
- Shakespeare in Love: Sunday, September 10 at 2:30 p.m. (side interpreted)
- Crossing Delancey: Sunday, October 22 at 2:30 p.m. (side interpreted)
- Hand to God: Sunday, November 5 at 2:30 p.m. (side interpreted)
- Alice Between: Sunday, November 19 at 4:00 p.m. (side interpreted)
- A Christmas Carol: Thursday, December 14 at 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. (side interpreted)
- Native Guard: Sunday, January 21 at 2:30 p.m. (side interpreted)
- The Jungle Book: Wednesday, February 28 and Thursday, March 1 at 11:45 a.m. (shadow interpreted)
- Hospice + Pointing at the Moon: Sunday, April 8 at 2:30 p.m. (side interpreted)
- Candide: Sunday, May 13 at 2:30 p.m. (side interpreted)