Work with us
Summer Internship Opportunities
The Alliance Theatre’s Education Department offers a variety of internships that can be used toward college credit at many schools. Opportunities range from working in the classroom as a Teaching Assistant for our Summer Drama Day Camps to assisting with preparation and execution of our Educator Conference. Interns will gain real-world experience in arts & education related fields and work under the guidance and mentorship of our guest artists and staff.
The Alliance Theatre offers educational programs for youth, teens, and adults through a variety of offerings including in-school residencies, classes & camps, after-school programs, and specialty workshops. For more information, visit our website. We look for Teaching Artists on a rolling basis but typically have the most availability in November-December and May-June. You are welcome to submit an interest form at any time, but be aware that you may not be contacted until we have a need for artists.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to promoting learning.
- When given a curriculum or lesson plan, deliver the assigned material in an engaging and age appropriate manner.
- When creating or using existing curriculum or lesson plans, ensure they are anti-racist, age appropriate, and use engaging and diverse materials to fit the needs of all of your students.
- Follow site-specific protocols and procedures when on a teaching assignment.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully to students, fellow teaching artists, staff, and teachers, and share questions, comments, or concerns with your Program Manager, as needed.
- When appropriate, collaborate with your co-teacher, classroom teacher, or intern to create and/or deliver lesson plans.
- Submit documentation, service reports, and other paperwork as necessary.
- Arrive to your teaching assignment on time, prepared, and ready to teach, having prepared for your lesson ahead of time.
- Represent the mission, vision, and values of the Alliance Theatre Education Department when on a teaching assignment.
- Attend all required trainings, orientations, and meetings.
- Be receptive to feedback and willing to try new things.
Compensation is based on program area and experience level, but starting salary is $25.50/hour.