Gifts of stock
Turning appreciated securities into inspirational art.
Consider donating appreciated investments to help provide world-class art for more than 1.2 million visitors to our campus each year. Transferring stocks is easy, and the tax benefits could allow you to provide more support for the arts you know and love.
DID YOU KNOW?
There may be tax advantages to donating appreciated securities directly to the Woodruff Arts Center.
• Securities owned for at least one year, with appreciated value, are eligible for charitable giving.
• As a non-profit organization, capital gains taxes do not apply to the Arts Center in a sale of the securities, meaning more of the value of your donation goes toward great art for our community.
“One of the best kept secrets for charitable giving is to make donations by transferring stocks. Jeff and I think this is smart, easy and a win-win for all. It is smart because we can save on capital gains tax by donating stocks directly, and easy because non-profits like the Woodruff Arts Center are well prepared to receive the stock transfers, which have a greater value than we might otherwise give in cash.” –Ann Cramer, Woodruff Arts Center Trustee & long-time supporter of the arts
When making gifts of stock and securities to the Alliance Theatre, please follow the instructions below.
Please send written instructions to your broker of your gift specifying that it is to be a charitable contribution to:
- Robert W. Woodruff Arts Center, Inc.
- The Federal Tax ID is 58-0633971.
Written instructions should also include the following donor-specific information in order to ensure that your gift is processed and given to the appropriate division in a timely manner:
- First & Last Name
- Gift Purpose – including if you intend for this gift to be directly in support of a single Arts Partner (Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, High Museum of Art) or to the Woodruff Arts Center
Your broker may transfer securities to our account (under The Robert W. Woodruff Arts Center, Inc.) at:
- SEI Private Trust Company
- DTC Participant Number: 2039
- FFC SunTrust Bank a/c 11188
- Account Name: Woodruff Arts Ctr/Gift Clearing
- Address: SunTrust Bank
- Free Movement, Mail Code 3132
- 303 Peachtree Street NE, 15th Floor
- Atlanta, GA 30308
So that the Woodruff Arts Center may know when to expect the transfer, please send your instructions to Glenda Davis by mail or e-mail:
- Mail: Woodruff Arts Center
- Attn: Donor Services
- 1280 Peachtree Street NE
- Atlanta, GA 30309
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org