Dog Poetry Reading at Fetch Dog Park
Dog Poetry Reading inspired by the Alliance Theatre's production of MAX MAKES A MILLION
Sunday, June 16, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Fetch Dog Park
520 Daniel St SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
Bring your dog to Fetch Dog Park on Sunday night for a special dog poetry reading inspired by the Alliance Theatre's upcoming production MAX MAKES A MILLION, based on Maira Kalman's delightful children's book. Perhaps best known for her quirky New Yorker magazine covers and brilliant pictorial essays, Maira Kalman has published more than a dozen books for adults and 18 acclaimed children’s books, beginning with the game-changing picture book Stay Up Late, which gave visual form to the popular Talking Heads song from their Little Creatures album. In the Alliance production of MAX MAKES A MILLION poetry, dance, jazz, visual art, and most of all, dreams coalesce as the beat-poet dog Max Stravinsky embarks on his quest to get from New York City to Paris. MAX MAKES A MILLION celebrates those wishful thinkers who dare to dream beyond what seems possible. This family-friendly, one-act production will play on the Hertz Stage at Alliance Theatre June 20 – July 21, 2019. Tickets and info at www.alliancetheatre.org/max.
Know Before You Go:
- Admission is $10/dog if they are not already members; free for humans.
- All dogs 8 months and older must be spayed or neutered
- Dogs must be at least 4 months old
- Dogs must be clean and free of fleas and ticks
- Dogs must be friendly and non-aggressive around people and other dogs
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations including: Rabies, DHLPP, and Bordetella (current vet records must be on file, so if this is your first time visiting the park bring your dog's vet records.)