Sydney is an award-winning costume designer who has been designing for Atlanta and regional theaters for many years. She designed last season’s Tell Me My Dream and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe here at the Alliance. Other theaters in town: True Colors Theatre Company (American Buffalo), Theatrical Outfit (Moxie), Theatre Emory (As You Like It), among others. Awards: Suzis for Costume Design for a Musical, Mary Poppins (Aurora Theatre), both James and the Giant Peach and Shrek the Musical (Design Team for a TYA Show, Alliance Theatre) and a Drammy for The Devils at Portland Center Stage in Portland, OR. Sydney has taught costume design at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Emory University and Oglethorpe University. She is a member of USA 829.
Roles for Sydney Roberts
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe — Costume Design — 2015/16 Season
- Ugly Lies the Bone — Costume Design — 2016/17 Season
- Too Heavy for Your Pocket — Costume Design — 2016/17 Season
- The Temple Bombing — Costume Design — 2016/17 Season
- Cinderella and Fella — Costume Design — 2016/17 Season
- Warrior Class — Costume Design — 2013/14 Season
- Shrek the Musical — Costume Design — 2013/14 Season
- James and the Giant Peach — Costume Design — 2014/15 Season
- Edward Foote — Costume Design — 2014/15 Season
- Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical — Costume Design — 2015/16 Season
- Tell Me My Dream — Costume Design — 2015/16 Season
To mark the end of the Alliance Stage as we know it, and to welcome the new era with the start of the big renovation, Pearl Cleage, our Mellon Playwright in Residence, wrote a piece to commemorate this special occasion.
As a spunky gal in touch with nature in the kingdom of Kashoogie, India S. Tyree portrays a unique Cinderella in the world-premiere production of Cinderella and Fella. In between performances, India took a few minutes to give us the inside scoop on her role in the musical.
A quick glance at Magic Negro director Anthony LeBlanc's resume reveals a robust string of achievements likely to be the envy of any comedian in the business. One particular credit to his name may cause others to take pause: a Computer Science and Physics B.S. degree.
- 2nd grader at SPARK used their knowledge of fractions and tools of the actor to create commercials to sell their po… t.co/xRNdzYSOQR