Courtenay is happily premiering in her first Theatre for Young Audiences production. Other Alliance shows: Courtenay's Cabaret: Home for the Holidays, The Prom, The Geller Girls, Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well ..., Into the Woods, Smart Cookie, Managing Maxine and most recently, Prom. Elsewhere: Hello, Dolly!, Calendar Girls (Georgia Ensemble Theatre); Evita, Catch Me If You Can (Atlanta Lyric Theatre). Juilliard. Courtenay is a private vocal coach, has a jewelry business (Vintage Spirit Designs) and is the queen mother of two young princes in her castle.
Roles for Courtenay Collins
- The Geller Girls — Sarahann Geller — 2013/14 Season
- Courtenay's Cabaret: Home for the Holidays — Star — 2016/17 Season
- The Prom — Mrs. Greene — 2016/17 Season
- Cinderella and Fella — Queen Shelayley/Squirrel/Musician — 2016/17 Season
- Courtenay's Cabaret: Home for the Holidays — Writer — 2016/17 Season
To mark the end of the Alliance Stage as we know it, and to welcome the new era with the start of the big renovation, Pearl Cleage, our Mellon Playwright in Residence, wrote a piece to commemorate this special occasion.
As a spunky gal in touch with nature in the kingdom of Kashoogie, India S. Tyree portrays a unique Cinderella in the world-premiere production of Cinderella and Fella. In between performances, India took a few minutes to give us the inside scoop on her role in the musical.
A quick glance at Magic Negro director Anthony LeBlanc's resume reveals a robust string of achievements likely to be the envy of any comedian in the business. One particular credit to his name may cause others to take pause: a Computer Science and Physics B.S. degree.
- 2nd grader at SPARK used their knowledge of fractions and tools of the actor to create commercials to sell their po… t.co/xRNdzYSOQR