Playwriting, grades 6-12 - Virtual
Middle & High School
- Have you ever wanted to write but didn't know where to start? In this class you will learn different ways to find ideas to put on the page.
- Do you already have an idea, but need help thinking it through? We will go step by step coming up with characters, the setting, and making the story have a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- By the final class you will have written FIVE completely different ten minute plays. We want to give you the confidence to keep writing after the class is over!
- You will share your work with other writers in the group and give each other positive feedback on your work.
- In the final class we will do a showcase of your favorite play you've written so far read by real professional actors!
Duration: 2 hours, 6 sessions
Maximum of 10 students
Meet the Teacher
Megan is a multi-ethnic Filipina-Canadian playwright, actor, director, producer, and sometimes musician. Her plays have been produced or developed by Salvage Vanguard Theater, Tofte Lake Center, Paper Chairs, InFusion, 20% Theater, and Tympanic among others. Megan has performed on storefront and AEA stages across Austin, Chicago, and north Florida. She is a James A. Michener Fellow, Kundiman Fiction Fellow, Sewanee Writers' Conference Scholar, Tofte Lake resident, Seattle Public Theater Emerald Prize finalist, Austin Critics' Table nominee, and a company member of Salvage Vanguard Theater. She has her MFA in Playwriting and Fiction from the James A. Michener Center for Writers in Austin, TX. She is currently a visiting faculty member in playwriting at Bennington College.