The Alliance Theatre will host an open casting call in Nashville for the world premiere production of Troubadour by Janece Shaffer with original music by Kristian Bush of Sugarland.
When and where
Monday, August 15
Johnson Theatre in the Tennessee Performing Arts Center
505 Deaderick St., Nashville, TN 37219
Sign up at 9:00 a.m.
To guarantee an audition slot, contact Emily Kleypas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inez: Female, 20ish singer/songwriter from smalltown Alabama. Sweet with steel underneath if need be. Guitar player.
- Joe: 20ish son of a well-known man – has sung and played backup to his father all his life. Handsome without effort and uncertain of his prospects. Guitar player.
- Billy: mid 50s, iconic king of country music, can command a crowd, a room, a family. The attention’s always been on him and you can tell. Guitar player.
What to prepare
One verse and the chorus of one of the songs below, or a song with a similar feel (1950s, old country). Songs do not have to be gender specific. Please bring your own guitar.
- "Man of Constant Sorrow" — Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack
- "Hey Good Lookin’" — Hank Williams, Sr.
- "I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry" — Hank Williams, Sr.
- "There’s a Tear in my Beer" — Hank Williams, Sr.
- "I Saw The Light" — Hank Williams, Sr.
- "Lost Highway" — Hank Williams, Sr.
- "I’ll Fly Away" — Hank Williams, Sr. or Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack
- "Jolene" — Dolly Parton
- "It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels" — Kitty Wells
- "Orphan Girl" — Emmylou Harris or Gillian Welch
Production dates are as follows:
First rehearsal: December 19th, 2016
Opening: January 25th, 2017
Closing: February 12th, 2017
*NOTE: This is a full-time gig with daytime rehearsals and evening & matinee performances. Please only audition if you are available for rehearsals and all performances.