Bret could not be happier to be working on The Magic Negro. Previous credits here at the Alliance include Troubadour, Courtenay’s Cabaret: Home for the Holidays, Born for This, Disgraced, A Steady Rain, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and Blues for an Alabama Sky. As a regional theater stage manager for 25 years, he has enjoyed working all over the country and on many new projects. Frequent cities include Seattle, San Diego and Washington, D.C., but Atlanta is home now. He also enjoys teaching and was a guest faculty member at the University of Washington for five years.
Roles for Bret Torbeck
- Blues for an Alabama Sky — Stage Manager — 2014/15 Season
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest — Stage Manager — 2015/16 Season
- A Steady Rain — Stage Manager — 2015/16 Season
- Disgraced — Stage Manager — 2015/16 Season
- Born for This: The BeBe Winans Story — Stage Manager — 2015/16 Season
- Courtenay's Cabaret: Home for the Holidays — Resident Stage Manager — 2016/17 Season
- Troubadour — Stage Manager — 2016/17 Season
- The Magic Negro and other Blackity Blackness, as told by an African-American Man who also happens to be Black — Stage Manager — 2016/17 Season
To mark the end of the Alliance Stage as we know it, and to welcome the new era with the start of the big renovation, Pearl Cleage, our Mellon Playwright in Residence, wrote a piece to commemorate this special occasion.
As a spunky gal in touch with nature in the kingdom of Kashoogie, India S. Tyree portrays a unique Cinderella in the world-premiere production of Cinderella and Fella. In between performances, India took a few minutes to give us the inside scoop on her role in the musical.
A quick glance at Magic Negro director Anthony LeBlanc's resume reveals a robust string of achievements likely to be the envy of any comedian in the business. One particular credit to his name may cause others to take pause: a Computer Science and Physics B.S. degree.
- 2nd grader at SPARK used their knowledge of fractions and tools of the actor to create commercials to sell their po… t.co/xRNdzYSOQR