The Fourth Annual
Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference
Building Community through the Arts
Registration to open January 2017.
About the Conference:
Presented by the Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, and High Museum of Art, the fourth annual Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference will take place June 6-8, 2017. One of Atlanta's most dynamic and collaborative professional learning events, this year’s Educator Conference will explore the theme: Building Community through the Arts. Over the course of three days, participants will experience world-class art and engage in workshops led by professional artists and educators in order to reflect upon the essential question: How does my practice build community through the arts?
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on a compelling, new theme
- Hear from outstanding keynote speakers, to be announced – stay tuned!
- Experience world-class art on the Woodruff Arts Center campus
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues to create practical classroom resources
- Participate in one conference track, or explore an array of topics, including:
- Early Childhood Education
- Fine Arts Instruction
- Arts Integration (Connecting Visual Art, Theater, and Music to other content areas, such as English/Language Arts, Science and Social Studies); and
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics)
Request for Proposals – due: Friday, December 2, 2016
Are you interested in facilitating a workshop at the June 2017 Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference? Click here to access the Request for Proposals (RFP). Proposals are due by midnight on Friday, December 2, 2016. Applicants will be notified regarding the status of their proposals in January 2017.
This is the premier arts education conference for you! Workshops are designed for educators (Pre-K through Grade 12), administrators, teaching artists, and relevant practitioners. Expand your Professional Learning Community at #WACEdConf17!
- Early Bird Registration Fee (January – February 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM): $75/person for all three days
- Registration Fee (March, April, May, June 2017): $100/person for all three days
- Group Rate (10+ people registered by a single district or school): 10% off – please contact Liz Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in securing a Group Rate
- Please note that the Conference Fee does not include the cost of Parking. For more information regarding parking at and near the Woodruff Arts Center, click here
Access Resources from Previous Years
Click here to access resources from past years of the Woodruff Arts Center Educator Conference.
Questions? Please contact Liz Davis, Manager of Education Services, at 404.733.5256 or email@example.com.