What is Theatre for the Very Young?
- A professional performance for ages 18 months - 5 years old and their grown-ups
- An artistic experience that overcomes age and developmental barriers, language, and developmental barriers, expanding the consciousness of very young audience members and integrating bi-lingual elements into each show.
- A way for focus and creative thinking to be nurtured, or even discovered for the first time!
- A cultural experience for the very young on their own terms
- An inventive approach to making quality art experiences
- A fun and inspiring experience for both children and their parents
"Theatre for the Very Young engages both parents and their pre-school children in creative experiences. The fourth wall is dissolved as young ones willingly become a part of the experience."
—Rosemary Newcott, director
Tickets are now on sale (including TVY season tickets)
Individual shows can be purchased from their respective pages linked below. Season tickets for Theatre for the Very Young are SOLD OUT. Individual tickets are $10 per person (children 12 months and younger are free) and season tickets begin at $20 for two shows along with great benefits. TVY season ticket holders receive 15% off additional tickets to all Alliance Theatre productions, 10% off acting classes, and $5 off return tickets to TVY performances during the season.
All performances of Theatre for the Very Young are presented in the Black Box Theatre on the 3rd floor of the Woodruff Memorial Arts Building.
For a parent/teacher guide to prepare your children for the play, click here.
For on-campus directions and fun guide, click here.
For a campus map, click here.
For more information, contact Olivia Aston at 404.733.4702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.